Why Choose Sustainable / Eco-friendly Apparel??
Why We Do It
- Second to oil, the fashion industry is the most polluting industry in the world
- Made from petrochemicals, polyester and nylon are not biodegradable making them unsustainable and harmful our environment
- non-organic fibers use 25% of the worlds insecticides/pesticides
- 85% of garments discarded in the U.S alone, end up in landfills
- Synthetic fibers account for 60% of world’s total fiber demand and are made from petrol, a non-renewable natural resource
- In developing countries, an estimated 168 million children ages 5 to 14 are forced to work, often in apparel factories
- A shirt that sells in the United States for $60 can cost less than 10 cents in labor made in factories with no regulations
- Only 2% of apparel is made in the USA
Need we say more?!