Who Are We?
Meet Dana, Our Very Own #GirlBoss
In 2014 Dana Weinstein set out with a desire to create a clothing line that didn’t sacrifice quality for style. With her industry partner, Rafael Guzman, and his years of experience in production the two combined their energies to create an eco-conscious line. From soft modals to breezy linen flax, each garment is designed to serve the comfort and style of the modern woman while maintaining the highest standards of its practice.
Why We Do It
- Second to oil, the fashion industry is the most polluting industry in the world
- Made from petrochemicals, polyester and nylon are not biodegradable making them unsustainable and harmful our environment
- non-organic fibers use 25% of the worlds insecticides/pesticides
- 85% of garments discarded in the U.S alone, end up in landfills
- Synthetic fibers account for 60% of world’s total fiber demand and are made from petrol, a non-renewable natural resource
- In developing countries, an estimated 168 million children ages 5 to 14 are forced to work, often in apparel factories
- A shirt that sells in the United States for $60 can cost less than 10 cents in labor made in factories with no regulations
- Only 2% of apparel is made in the USA
Need we say more?!
So, What's In Our Clothing?
We are excited to see the fashion industry embrace new technologies from waterless dyeing, to improved mechanical recycling for poly & cotton, to high-tech methods of printing. It's an amazing opportunity to push for a larger industry shift toward widespread supply-chain transparency. We pride ourselves in using sustainable, organic and recycled fibers in all of our garments. It often isn't easy to get the right blend of fibers to achieve the perfect hand, but that's the exciting part of our job!
Tencel is a sustainable fabric, regenerated from wood cellulose. It is similar in hand to rayon and bamboo, both regenerated fabrics. However, Tencel is one of the most environmentally friendly regenerated fabrics, for several reasons. Tencel’s supply chain is transparent, it is obtained from eucalyptus trees that are grown on farms—no old growth forests, genetic manipulation, irrigation, or pesticides are used. Tencel fibers are grown sustainably. The fiber is produced via an advanced 'closed loop' solvent spinning process, with minimal impact on the environment and economical use of energy and water.
Made from beech wood chips, Modal combines the benefits of natural fiber and the fantastically soft feel of modern microforms. It is a new kind of natural fabric with the ability to absorb moisture like cotton and the luster of silk. It remains soft and lustrous after several washes.The yarn has the character of high strength, softness and brilliant luster. Garments made from Modal travel well, which means no need to iron them after unpacking.
Organic Cotton is cotton that is grown without using any chemical fertilizers or pesticides on it. It is grown on land that has been treated and given sufficient time; at least three years. Organic cotton comes from original plants, meaning plants that are not genetically modified and that have not been treated with any chemicals like washes, bleaches, colors, or scents during its processing and packaging. It is also health-friendly and environmentally-friendly. Organic Cotton can rightly be called the most skin-friendly, most soothing, and most harmless natural fiber. All cotton used in our garments is certified organic, we will never use cotton that doesn't meet organic standards.