Code of Conduct
LA Relaxed was founded on the basis of sustainability and ethics at all stages of the design and manufacturing process. When we set out to craft our brand as apparel industry veterans, we knew we had to do it differently. Inherent to our values are the below points:
1. Employment is freely chosen.
2. Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected.
3. Working conditions in our Los Angeles factory where 100% of our garments are made are safe and hygienic. Healthcare benefits are offered to all employees.
4. Child labor shall not be used.
5. A living wage is paid to all employees including garment workers, office staff, and warehouse staff. We do not use the piece rate or engage with any vendors who do. Our lowest wage is $20/hour.
6. Working hours are not excessive with a strong emphasis on a healthy work/life balance for all. Flexible scheduling and remote work is made available when possible.
7. No discrimination is practiced.
8. Regular and consistently scheduled employment is provided.
9. No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
10. We only work with certified suppliers that can trace their supply chain (for example, where the yarn was grown and spun) and provide the required documentation.
11. We work with local dye houses that adhere to Bluesign™ criteria and recycle their water and chemicals.
12. We use fabric that is certified by industry leading mills and yarn producers like TENCEL™.
We view our brand's journey as an evolution and as such, we are always striving for a better, cleaner, more enlightened process. We will continue to implement technology, new research, and more eco-friendly practices as they become available to us. In the meantime, we focus on the timeless values of collaboration, fair treatment for all, high quality manufacturing, and honoring our Earth.